This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar kerbdogma 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 594
    • Replies: 1952

I don’t think Uma is that ‘hot’. She seems to be cool enough but I don’t think she is ‘all that’ (can’t believe I just typed ‘all that’) on looks alone. In the truth about Cat’s & Dogs with Janine Garifiloicantspellherfuckingname she was supposed to be the ‘hot’ girl that everyone lusted after but I would have picked JG anyday over her.

for those of you that don’t know what the hell the ‘Uma Interview’ is, check here:
    From ‘The Year Punk Broke’

The Uma Interview (Low Fi)

The Uma Interview (Hi Fi)

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 140

I’m with you on that about Cats and Dogs…I think she’s too tall and sinewy…then again I’m like Ian MacKaye’s height and he’s a short arse.

this whole conversation is really interesting though…I must’ve watch Year Punk Broke over 30 times and didn’t know that bit was about Uma Thurman….I did however get that it was tongue in cheek…that whole video is just a riot…Thurston is Very Funny indeed…

I know people who hated Thurston in that vid though.

staingirl
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 25

Hi everyone, this is my first post so I hope I do okay….

I have to clear up the Uma stuff. Like someone said it IS a take on Madonna. It’s from Truth or Dare. Throughout The Year That Punk Broke you’ll see parodies of Madonna in her ‘tour video’. The part where Kurt Cobain tells Kim Gordon that the show was ‘neat’ and she makes the gag face was a take on Madonna and Kevin Costner in her video.There’s a part in Truth or Dare where Madonna is getting her makeup done complaining about the ‘corporate assholes’ or something sitting in the front row and Kim also mocks that scene. And finally, when J and Kim are talking about Uma and ‘just having some fun’, they are pretending to be Madonna and Sandra Bernhard from her video.
    I thought it was hilarious too! I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of watching that video.

K7 Rides Again
    Participant
    • Topics: 92
    • Replies: 688

i forget the original link that started this all but now that everything is pretty cleared up…I would like to thank all who posted and brought this wild allegation to a grinding halt while clarifying all the events that led up to the original misconception
    Excellent work team

doesitfloat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 97

what the hell is this Pitchfork review about ? http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5130-free-so-free/
    did they just make all of this up?

empire3
    • Topics: 180
    • Replies: 721

As far as I know J and Uma went to the same school and I think (might be wrong about this) J lives in Uma’s old house ??
    That review is insane, looks like someone hacked it, although the press release for free so free was a big joke about J being into parachuting all the time and it was a concept album… maybe thats why the reviewer was being a dick in making up everything in his review – poking back a bit ??? Just speculation though !
    Best thing here is @jeremiah comments from 12 years ago 🙂

doesitfloat
    Participant

yeah the SPIN article thing here http://www.spin.com/articles/dinosaur-jr-rediscovering-the-gnarl/ says J now occupies Uma’s old house.

so am i right in assuming the whole Uma thing is just a joke – they never had anything going on. they just went to the same school.

the Quicksand lyrics “I’m the twisted name on Uma’s eyes” just confuse me even further.

empire3
    • Topics: 180
    • Replies: 721

I think thats true they just went to school together nothing more. …

Well as im sure you know its a David Bowie song and J changes some lyrics….. I guess if I went to school with someone just becoming famous and was hot I would probably namecheck in a song ???
    -Again just guessing

FYI- Scouting for girls were in my class at school but I wont be writing songs about them 🙂

doesitfloat
    Participant

got it, that makes sense. and the clip of J and Kim talking in the year punk broke about Uma now makes sense to me thanks to these comments:)

haha! that’s cool in a way

kerbdogma
    Blocked
    • Topics: 41
    • Replies: 267

I don’t think Uma is that ‘hot’.

Have you seen Playing For Keeps?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.